Monday, June 3, 2019

Elder Bednar


Good day to all!
So this past week was a good one. We had a visit from one of the Apostles of the Church, Elder Bednar, and we received direction from him. That was awesome. Today we went to "the Penesillo", which is a giant statue of a virgin, and my companion went and bought a lot of Recuerdos for the end of his mission.


This past week was a good one and this next week I hit a year. I'm excited to see what happens.

 
Thought I would share this with you:  When I was living with Jess and Travis, I one day felt a lot of stress. I can't remember exactly when, but I was watching Ryan and was thinking a lot on what was going on. I didn't have NEARLY enough for my mission and was just.... thinking on everything. I felt a weight, until I looked over at Ryan and saw him lying there, just looking at his hands, opening and closing his fingers and smiling his sweet smile. I immediately thought of how we are told we should be as children and trust in God. Ryan was stress free, staring at his hands as if they were the coolest thing ever; I felt as though I should be that way. I should think on what I have, what I've accomplished, and trust that God helps, especially when I don't feel qualified to be His Son's representative.  I've thought a lot on the Hymns we have in the Church, especially the hymn "Where Can I Turn For Peace" and I love the listen to them. It doesn't matter who I was before, what I lack, or what others think and do; I will be a loyal son the my Heavenly Father and  will be who He is depending on me to be.
 
I hope y'all have a great week!

 
Élder Sharp 
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment